Last updated on April 20, 2020.
Provided that Users consent, accessing and browsing this Website shall entail the use and download of cookies onto the devices used to access and browse the site. These cookies shall gather data on their visits and use of the Website to guarantee access to certain functionalities, make use and browsing easier, and, where applicable, compile statistics on the use and effectiveness of the Website by analyzing Users’ browsing habits.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies can be broadly defined as widely deployed files downloaded to the User's device (be it a computer, smartphone, or tablet) when they enter or browse a website. These files allow data to be stored to be subsequently updated, consulted, and recovered for a number of purposes by the company responsible for installing them.
Cookies are often used to measure certain website usage parameters such as the number of visitors, the duration of the visit, or its effectiveness, as well as to improve the user’s browsing experience or to save and send information about their preferences and past actions.
As such, cookies are not associated with any personal data. However, they are also used to personalize a returning user’s experience on a website, as they are associated with the User's profile or preferences. As they provide information on Users’ browsing habits or actions, they may affect said parties’ privacy. We therefore provide the necessary information on the cookies used by the Website so that Users can decide whether they consent to their use.
When Users access the Website, they are provided information about the use of this technology and they are asked to expressly provide their consent to GENIALLY for such use. To that effect, GENIALLY hereby informs Users that certain cookies may be necessary for the proper functioning of the Website and, if the User does not consent to their activation, their experience may be negatively affected.
3. Cookie types
This section describes the different types of cookies, based on different criteria.
Based on the purpose for which the data obtained by the cookies is processed, there are:
- Technical cookies: cookies that allow the User to browse the website, platform, or application, and to use the different options or services available on it, e.g., to control traffic and data communications, allow Users to log in, access sections with restricted access, remember the items in an order, place an order, register or participate in an event, use security components during the session, store content to share videos or sound, or share content on social media.
- Personalization cookies: cookies that allow the User to access the service with predefined general characteristics based on a set of criteria on the User’s device such as the language, type of browser they used to access the service, the regional configuration, etc.
- Analytics cookies: cookies that allow the party responsible for them to track and analyze the behavior of the Users of the websites associated with said cookies. The data collected with this kind of cookie is used to measure website, application, or platform activity and to perform profiling of the Users of said sites, applications, and platforms in order to introduce improvements therein based on the analysis of the data on how service Users use the site.
- Advertising cookies: cookies that allow advertising space to be managed as effectively as possible, whenever the publisher has said space on the website, application, or platform from which it provides the service requested based on criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which the ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: cookies that allow advertising space to be managed as effectively as possible, whenever the publisher has said space on a website, application, or platform from which it provides the service requested. These cookies store the User behavioral data obtained by continuously monitoring their browsing habits, allowing a specific profile to be created to show the User advertising based on said profile.
Based on the company managing them, there are:
- First-party cookies: those sent to the user’s device from equipment or a domain managed by the publisher itself, from which the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those sent to the User’s device from equipment or a domain that is not managed by the publisher, but rather by another company that processes data with cookies.
Based on the amount of time they are active:
- Session cookies: cookies designed to gather and store data while the user is using a website. They expire when the User leaves the website.
- Persistent cookies: cookies in which data is stored on the device. Said data may be accessed and processed over the course of a period set by the party controlling the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to a few years.
4. Cookies used by the Website
In accordance with the guidelines of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, we will now explain how cookies are used on this Website with as much accuracy as possible.
This website uses the following cookies:
Some third-party cookies that collect personal data with cookies used and downloaded from this Website may be hosted outside the European Union and the European Economic Area or may carry out other types of storage or processing with said data sent outside the European Union and/or the European Economic Area.
The above notwithstanding, GENIALLY is aware that, in the event that data collected via cookies is shared outside the European Economic Area, the resulting international transfers are subject to all the appropriate guarantees set out in article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation, such as signing data protection clauses and subjecting services rendered to a binding legal instrument such as the Privacy Shield.
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=es
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/cookies-policy/legal
- Intercom: https://www.intercom.com/legal/privacy
- Agile CRM: https://www.agilecrm.com/privacy-policy
5. Consent revocability
Users may revoke their consent at any time.
GENIALLY informs of and provides the User with easy access to the browser settings for cookies -through the following directions- which they can modify at any time and, if necessary, withdraw consent for those that it considers.
- Chrome: Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Website Settings -> Cookies and site data.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy & Security -> Cookies and site data.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options-> Privacy -> Settings -> Advanced.
- Safari: Preferences -> Privacy.
- Opera: Tools -> Go to browser settings -> Privacy and Security -> Website Settings > Cookies and site data
- Edge: Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Cookies
6. How can I disable cookies?
Users can block the installation of cookies on their device with the corresponding browser setting, but in that case we will not be able to guarantee that all of the functionalities of our website will function properly. Browsers generally provide the option of customizing the way cookies are handled on each device, as well as the option of stopping the device from collecting or storing cookies and selecting the way that Users can clear them.
The following links provide information about how to manage cookies on some of the most commonly used browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Internet Explorer 10: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Internet Explorer 11: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq