Last updated on January 1, 2021.
Provided that Users consent, accessing and browsing this Website shall entail the use and download of cookies onto the devices used to access and browse the site. These cookies shall gather data on their visits and use of the Website to guarantee access to certain functionalities, make use and browsing easier, and, where applicable, compile statistics on the use and effectiveness of the Website by analyzing Users’ browsing habits.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies can be broadly defined as widely deployed files downloaded to the User's device (be it a computer, smartphone, or tablet) when they enter or browse a website. These files allow data to be stored to be subsequently updated, consulted, and recovered for a number of purposes by the company responsible for installing them.
Cookies are often used to measure certain website usage parameters such as the number of visitors, the duration of the visit, or its effectiveness, as well as to improve the user’s browsing experience or to save and send information about their preferences and past actions.
As such, cookies are not associated with any personal data. However, they are also used to personalize a returning user’s experience on a website, as they are associated with the User's profile or preferences. As they provide information on Users’ browsing habits or actions, they may affect said parties’ privacy. We therefore provide the necessary information on the cookies used by the Website so that Users can decide whether they consent to their use.
When Users access the Website, they are provided information about the use of this technology and they are asked to expressly provide their consent to GENIALLY for such use. To that effect, GENIALLY hereby informs Users that certain cookies may be necessary for the proper functioning of the Website and, if the User does not consent to their activation, their experience may be negatively affected.
3. Cookie types
This section describes the different types of cookies, based on different criteria.
Based on the purpose for which the data obtained by the cookies is processed, there are:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the Website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Based on the company managing them, there are:
- First-party cookies: those sent to the user’s device from equipment or a domain managed by the publisher itself, from which the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those sent to the User’s device from equipment or a domain that is not managed by the publisher, but rather by another company that processes data with cookies.
Based on the amount of time they are active:
- Session cookies: cookies designed to gather and store data while the user is using a website. They expire when the User leaves the website.
- Persistent cookies: cookies in which data is stored on the device. Said data may be accessed and processed over the course of a period set by the party controlling the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to a few years.
4. Cookies used by the Website
In accordance with the guidelines of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, we will now explain how cookies are used on this Website with as much accuracy as possible.
This website uses the following cookies:
Some third-party cookies that collect personal data with cookies used and downloaded from this Website may be hosted outside the European Union and the European Economic Area or may carry out other types of storage or processing with said data sent outside the European Union and/or the European Economic Area.
The above notwithstanding, GENIALLY is aware that, in the event that data collected via cookies is shared outside the European Economic Area, the resulting international transfers are subject to all the appropriate guarantees set out in article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation, such as signing data protection clauses and subjecting services rendered to a binding legal instrument such as the Privacy Shield.
- ContentSquare: https://docs.contentsquare.com/uxa-en/#cookies-list
- DoubleClick: https://www.google.com/intl/es/policies/privacy/archive/20090311
- Facebook Pixel Ads: https://es-es.facebook.com/business/help/742478679120153?id=1205376682832142
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=es
- Intercom: https://www.intercom.com/legal/privacy
- Microsoft Bing Ads: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/es-es/recursos/directivas/politicas-de-seguridad-y-privacidad-del-usuario
- Moodle: https://moodle.org
- OneTrust: https://www.onetrust.com/privacy
- Polylang plug-in; Wordpress: https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/cookie-notice
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/cookies-policy/legal
- Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/privacy
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/intl/es/about/policies/#community-guidelines
5. Consent revocability
Users may revoke their consent at any time.
GENIALLY informs of and provides the User with easy access to the browser settings for cookies -through the following directions- which they can modify at any time and, if necessary, withdraw consent for those that it considers.
Through the following link GENIALLY provides the user with easy access to the cookies configuration system for personalization at any time, as well as, if necessary, for withdrawing consent.
6. How can I disable cookies?
Users can block the installation of cookies on their device with the corresponding browser setting, but in that case we will not be able to guarantee that all of the functionalities of our website will function properly. Browsers generally provide the option of customizing the way cookies are handled on each device, as well as the option of stopping the device from collecting or storing cookies and selecting the way that Users can clear them.
The following links provide information about how to manage cookies on some of the most commonly used browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Internet Explorer 10: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Internet Explorer 11: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
7. How to disable third-party cookies
GENIALLY provides users with the following links so that they can configure cookies that we integrate from third parties. Among their functions is allowing users to insert images, videos and other resources from the navigation platforms of these third parties.
Therefore, in addition to managing cookies in the settings of the User's browser, as indicated in the previous section, the User can choose not to receive certain cookies by clicking on the links provided below:
- Bing (Microsoft): https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/opt-out-of-the-microsoft-advertising-optimization-program
- Dropbox: https://help.dropbox.com/es-es/accounts-billing/security/cookies
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Giphy: https://support.giphy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032872931
- Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Unsplash: https://unsplash.com/privacy
You should be aware that if you choose not to receive such cookies, GENIALLY cannot guarantee that your experience on the Web Site will be fully satisfactory.